Newmont is the world's leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company's world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Apprentice Miner is part of the Mine Operations team. The Apprentice Miner is in an apprenticeship phase for the purpose of acquiring the knowledge and competencies required to hold a job as an underground miner. The Apprentice Miner will work on rotation among the various Mine Operations positions.
- Assist the mine production teams to perform various tasks
- Support maintenance of the shelters, material bay and fuel bay
- Support Ore Transportation Operations as needed
- Assist in maintenance of mining material
- Support transportation of equipment and materials in the various underground stopes
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of their duties
- Have zero (0) to one (1) year of experience.
- DEP (Diploma of Vocational Studies) in ore extraction (an advantage)
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7 (an advantage)
- Hold a general explosives permit and a driver's licence (an advantage)
- Bilingual in French and English (an advantage)
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Be a Cree within the meaning of the James Bay Agreement
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at www.newmont.com no later than June 1, 2022.
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont's Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada's vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont's Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada's vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont's request.