Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our open-pit mine and concentrator in Voisey’s Bay - Vale’s only fly-in/fly-out operation in Canada - produces nickel-cobalt-copper concentrate and copper concentrate. An underground expansion will see a transition to a leading edge underground mine extending the life of the mine until 2034. Our state-of the-art facility in Long Harbour is the first nickel processing plant in the world to use hydrometallurgy technology to produce Plating RoundsTM from hard rock (sulphide) concentrate, with low carbon footprint compared to traditional smelter technology. Our offices in St. John’s and Goose Bay provide support to the Newfoundland and Labrador Operations.The Opportunity
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant
to join our Long Harbour Operations Leadership Team. This is a permanent position based at our Long Harbour Operations in Long Harbour, NL.
The role will provide administration assistance on daily basis. This can involve scheduling/organizing meetings, travel (domestic & international), visa requirements, vacation scheduling, filing, typing, mail/file distribution, invoice management, maintaining contact with all offsite offices, liasing with head office and other business locations.
In this position, you will carry out the following duties:
- Communicate with contacts at all levels inside and outside the organization.\t
- Provide and obtain information from other managers and directors or outside representatives.\t
- Receive and screen telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors, answering routine questions and furnishing information to save manager's time.\t
- Schedule appointments and coordinate arrangements for meetings and conferences and travel arrangements (flights, car rentals, hotel bookings).\t
- Organize and maintain files of immediate supervisor's correspondence and records, following up on pending matters.\t
- Draft and type routine letters and memoranda from specific instructions.\t
- Prepare regular correspondences, reports, and presentations.\t
- Produce a variety of correspondence, reports, and presentations using the appropriate software for word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets.\t
- Process invoices for payment into the SAP system and maintains invoice filing system. Ensure prompt payment to suppliers with agreed upon timelines. Investigate and resolve any issues arising.\t
- Work independently within specific scope as determined by the immediate supervisor.\t
- Assist in the budget process by consolidating information and monitoring spend throughout the year.
\tWhat We Offer
- College diploma in Office Administration.\t
- 3 to 4 years of proven experience in a similar role \t
- Strong ability to work cooperatively within a team environment.\t
- Self-motivation and ability to complete work with minimal supervision.\t
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office are required. \t
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required.\t
- High level of confidentiality is required.\t
- Knowledge of SAP is considered an asset.
\tDifference Makes All the Difference
- Competitive Salary.\t
- Opportunity to earn an annual Employee Bonus.\t
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans, and optional insurances).\t
- Flexible work schedule and bus service departing from the St. John’s vicinity.\t
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental).\t
- All Personal Protective Equipment is provided upon hire. Employees are given a safety boot allowance and receive a 100% reimbursement for prescription safety glasses.\t
- Employee Family Assistance Program.\t
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth.\t
- Opportunities to grow your career in a large global company, and mining industry leader.\t
- Online training and career development opportunities.
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application online at https://vale.eightfold.ai/careers .Deadline to Apply: Monday, May 23 rd , 2022