Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical systems for Mine & SXEW operations and plant facilities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience in motor switchgear, control, solid-state drive.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on all types of electrical and electronic systems, both indoors and outdoors.
- Outdoor maintenance duties are required and are subject to prevailing inclement weather conditions
- Working knowledge in medium voltage and low voltage environments
- Proficiency in the use of electrical test meters: DVM's, Megger's, ammeters etc.
- Must be proficient in reading and understanding electrical schematics
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory, experience in AC and DC power circuits a plus.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, rotating days off and overtime, as required
- Must be able to operate, or learn to operate mobile equipment, including boom trucks, fork trucks and equipment associated to electrical maintenance and repair
- PLC troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Must provide own tools of the trade
- Basic ability to speak, read and write English
- High School Diploma/GED
- Preferred Candidate will have a Certificate of Completion of an IBEW Apprenticeship program or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years in electrical maintenance in heavy industry, exposure to SXEW and large mining P&H shovel equipment is a plus.
- Preferred candidate will have some experience constructing and repairing overhead power lines.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen. ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.