The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for an Emergency Medical Professional to work at our fly-in, fly-out, site based in Nunavut. This role will also be responsible with assisting with site administrative duties. At a minimum EMT designation is required, but a PCP (Primary Care Paramedic) designation or higher is preferred. Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks, and mine construction contractor in Canada.
Medical Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Current EMT-A or PCP registration,
- Minimum of 3 years of previous camp experience in a remote mining/construction setting,
- Physical ability to lift > 50lbs for short durations,
- Capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment with good safety awareness,
- Strong team player, with experience in cross cultural work environments,
- Ability to effectively communicate through speech,
- Good organization and problem-solving skills,
- Experience with trucking dispatch an asset,
- Experience with radio communications and protocols,
- Advanced computer skills,
- Accurate data entry skills.
Site Administrative Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administering first-aid treatment and life-support care to sick or injured persons in a remote camp setting,
- Operating equipment such as external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators in advanced life-support environments,
- Assessing the nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures,
- Observing, recording, and reporting to the physician the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to drugs and treatment,
- Administering drugs, orally or by injection, and performing intravenous procedures under a physician's direction,
- Immobilizing patient for transportation on stretcher for ambulance/aircraft/marine transport, using backboard or other spinal immobilization device,
- Coordinating with local treatment centers and providing patients' vital statistics and medical history, to determine the circumstances of the emergency, and to administer emergency treatment,
- Comforting and reassuring patients,
- Maintaining medical vehicle and medical and communication equipment, and replenishing first-aid equipment and supplies.
- Compiling accurate and timely daily/weekly reports,
- Collecting and reviewing employee timesheets on a daily basis ensuring all fields are completed correctly,
- Informing the Project Manager/Superintendent of any discrepancies found upon daily review of employee timesheets,
- Accurately entering data from employee timesheets,
- Monitoring and entering material chargebacks into the database from invoices,
- Compiling reports produced from entries into the database for signed approval from the Superintendent and designated client representative,
- Maintaining any required filing to support the database,
- Maintaining cross shift notes to keep cross shift informed and up to date of work activities that have transpired with the cross shift has been on days off,
- Reviewing on a timely basis with Operations Office - any work activities transpiring on site affecting invoicing/billing (ex. change to client work codes, labour and equipment rates, equipment movement, new subcontractors onsite,
- Managing confidential employee information and keep information locked in a secure area,
- Providing administrative assistance with regards to employee forms, documents, and benefits,
- Assisting with travel arrangements for personal from point of hire to work location and return,
- Management of rotation schedules and assessment of personal requirements,
- Other administrative duties as required.
Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
Pre-access clearances are required All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Have experience as requested in the job description above.
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at: http://nunalogistics.com/jobs.html
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Nunais a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment
; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective, and innovative operator in the north.