Civil Design Drafter
Apply now Job ID:
587757 Job type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
North Ryde, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney Categories:
Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Position summary Civil Design Drafter
Our Infrastructure Projects Engineering Services team is involved in design and construction projects across the power, renewable energy, industrial, water and transport market sectors. Due to the growth, we have two Civil Designer
opportunities to be based in our Melbourne, Milton (Brisbane) or North Ryde (Sydney)
Reporting into the Civil & Structural Team Lead, you will work in an integrated team to develop general earthworks roads and drainage designs and assist in the production of project drawings and designs for both tenders and construction projects.ABOUT THE ROLE
- Involved in the completion of 3D civil design models and drawings using Microstation / Bently Open Roads and or AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Designing bulk earthworks, roads and open channel and piped drainage systems.
- Producing schedules of quantity from 3D and 2D models.
- AutoCAD and MicroStation drafting to support design delivery.
- Providing design support to construction teams.
- Becoming a champion of AutoCAD Civil 3D use and customisation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Preferably a Bachelor of Technology (civil), or an Associate Diploma (civil) with civil design knowledge working across water or transport will be highly regarded.
- Sound experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D or Bentley OpenRoads Designer for producing 3D civil design models and customisation.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both autonomously and within a team.
- Experience working within a consulting firm wishing to progress towards a design career.
- The unique opportunity to work in the design arm of a construction and integrated asset services company.
- A flexible, modern work environment
- The opportunity to be the lead civil designer on projects across a variety of projects.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment within a supportive and dynamic team.
- A great range of benefits for our employees
This exciting role will offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, then apply now. If you need further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org - Applications will not be accepted via email .
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that promotes the skills and insights of all its people irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, ability, age or sexual orientation.