Apply now Job ID:
585873 Job type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
North Ryde, Brisbane, Melbourne Categories:
Engineering (All disciplines), Water
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Projects Group carries out engineering, construction and operations activities across the power, renewable energy, water and wastewater, industrial and transport markets.
Downer's in-house Engineering Services Team is looking for a Civil Engineer
to join the team. Reporting into the Civil and Structural Team Leader
, you can work with our civil engineering design team and be based in either our Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
offices to oversee the designs of renewable energy, power, water, industrial and transport work opportunities.ABOUT THE ROLE
- Carry out design and documentation for tenders and detailed designs and provide construction support.
- Work with civil designers to complete design packages.
- Prepare material Take Offs/Bill of Quantities
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews and safety in design reviews
- Provide tender phase, detailed design phase and construction phase engineering support
- Mentor junior staff and designers
WHAT WE OFFER
- You have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering ideally with CPEng and RPEQ or working towards it.
- You may have design experience in consulting engineering or EPC engineering to the industrial and infrastructure sector or you may have experience in the municipal infrastructure sector or urban development sector.
- Your experience may be limited however may have worked across rural road design, earthworks design, pavement design, services design and/or storm-water drainage design or erosion and sediment control design.
- You will ideally have AutoCAD Civil 3D experience and have a passion to developing your career to the next step.
HOW TO APPLY:
- The ability to work within an in-house engineering team embedded within a construction contractor.
- A flexible, modern work environment.
- The ability to undertake site visits and gain exposure to construction delivery.
- The ability to see a project grow from concept, tender and detailed design through to construction delivery and operations.
- A great range of benefits for our employees.
Please ensure you apply via the link below. Downer will not accept any unsolicited resumes.
This exciting role will offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, then apply now.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture!