Senior Project Engineer Civil & Rail
Apply now Job ID:
586905 Job type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Karratha, Perth Categories:
Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has a long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, signalling, track and station works, rail safety technology, bridges and roads.
Due to current workload, coupled with upcoming opportunities we are now looking to further enhance our delivery capabilities with the appointment of a experienced and capable Senior Civil Project Engineer
with Rail experience into the Infrastructure Projects WA business.
This role is FIFO to Karratha a lifestyle friendly 8-6 roster (flying both days in the companies time), working on a variety of Rail and Rail corridor projects with a great team around you. This is a permanent position on a long term (4 years +) project and offers opportunity to step up in the future for the right candidate, with the right approach & attitude.ABOUT YOU
WHAT WE OFFER
- Have a passion for delivering a superior service for our customers and the communities that we operate in;
- Demonstrated capability in Civil Construction with exposure to major rail infrastructure projects;
- Heavy exposure to planning and delivering switches and crossings (S&C) renewals essential;
- Detailed oriented individual with experience interpreting and marking out to Approved for Construction (AFC) drawings;
- Safety focus individual with experience managing incidents and implementing escalation procedures;
- Comprehensive understanding of t-minus deadlines for works readiness;
- Proven experience working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 major Rail contractor desirable but not essential;
- Degree qualifications or an equivalent in your relevant field or work.
Downer is dedicated to nurturing our people personally and professionally through skills development, competitive benefits, career pathways and fostering a proudly diverse fun and supportive workplace culture.
At Downer, we believe in our people and we are committed to ensuring that you feel valued within the team that share the same passion to succeed. Downer gives you the opportunity to work remotely as part of its commitment to flexibility and remaining agile in such a progressive business.
We are operating across a number of different locations, so there are opportunities in both residential and FIFO roles across the state. For further information, we encourage you to apply and discuss those options with us.
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Confidential enquiries can be directed to email@example.com
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES