angle-right Job no:
1234 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Christchurch, Balclutha, Blenheim, Dunedin, Invercargill, Kaikoura, Nelson, Oamaru, Te Anau, Timaru, Twizel, Wanaka, Auckland Categories:
Engineering (All disciplines), Trades, Maintenance, Operations/Production, Construction
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.About us
At Downer, our purpose is to create and sustain the modern environment. From our roads to our rail, ports, and airports, our Transport Services business unit is responsible for keeping New Zealand moving.
We are big picture people, operating a under a model that pushes beyond the here and now. We design, build, and sustain the projects we work on, whilst also developing innovative solutions to the world's leading issues around sustainability, where we are recognised as global leaders.
We remain at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Our people are experts in their fields, influencing and shaping our future.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to make a real difference by joining us as we continue to build a better tomorrow for generations to come. About the opportunities
Our highly respected Transport Business has a strong track record for delivering the prominent civil solutions used by New Zealanders every single day.
Due to substantial growth, we are looking for energetic and motivated individuals who are interested in becoming a part of the crew as Trainee Civil Operators throughout the South Island. This is an exciting opportunity to get your foot in the door with an organisation where your career possibilities are endless. We have opportunities in the following departments:
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Traffic Management
- A genuine ambition to build a career in the Civil Construction and Infrastructure industry
- Ability to work hands-on as a team player
- Good timekeeping skills - punctuality and reliability is key!
- A preference for working outdoors, not being stuck behind a desk
- Class 2 License (and above) with WTR Endorsements would be advantageous
You will be a part of a team that designs, builds, and maintains 25,000kms worth of roads in Aotearoa. With over 150 years of projects and knowledge under our belts, our position is strong, and our vision is innovative and future focused (just like your career once you join us). We are building sustainable communities that you can be proud to say that you have been a part of producing.What Difference can Downer offer you?
Working for a progressive and stable organisation, Downer offers more than just the basics you'd expect from a large organisation. Our benefits are designed to develop the whole person, at home and at work - trust us when we say we've got you covered. Here's just a brief insight into some of the many things we can offer you:
- A competitive hourly remuneration package plus overtime rates - we will even pay you if we are rained out!
- Enjoy flexible working, as we take work-life balance so seriously we have a Flexible Working Policy!
- An employee recognition programme which celebrates and recognises our people
- Career development opportunities & a dedicated personal development plan
- All the tools of trade you need to perform successfully your role including PPE, clothing, and merch
- Comprehensive employee benefits package through our partners - you will receive a great range of corporate discounts and benefits across banking, insurance, retailers, technology, vehicles, automotive, healthcare, childcare, homeware, dental care, travel, accommodation, gym memberships and more!
- We also encourage our people to participate in community volunteering initiatives and pay for the time you spend helping to make our community better with Downer's volunteer leave!
- A Socially responsible, inclusive, and diverse culture, that includes a Zero Harm tolerance
You will love being a part of the Downer lifestyle, come and see for yourself why we are the crème de la crème of employers as we continue to build our future! Literally. How to bring your Difference to Downer:
If you are interested in the work that we are doing to make New Zealand better and want to take your career to the future with us, then we want to hear from you. Hit the Apply Now button to fill out an application form and upload your CV.
If you would like to learn more about us, the work that we are doing, and the difference we are making to the communities we work in then head to our website to find out more https://www.downergroup.com/case-studies
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical. Advertised:
19 May 2022 New Zealand Standard Time Applications close: