angle-right Refer a friend angle-right
Site Engineer - VEC Tasmania Apply Now angle-right
VEC Tasmania, a division of Downer's Australian Operations Business, continues to secure new work and build on our reputation as a market leader in delivering some of Australia's major Transport Infrastructure projects.
We currently have opportunities available for a Site Engineer
to join our team, delivering key rail projects across Tasmania. Candidate ideally to be Northern Tasmania based.
You will be working closely with our existing rail team to support the project delivery by ensuring budgetary and programming schedules are met in accordance with contract conditions.
This is a permanent position on a long-term and offers opportunity to step up in the future for the right candidate, with the right approach & attitude.THE ROLE
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Monitor the Project Plan and record progress against the program
- Ensure site documentation is prepared and completed
- Resolve issues as they arise
- Assist in management of delivery interfaces
- Review documentation for construction purposes including verification of standards, codes and specifications
- Aid with resourcing planning and tracking
- Prepare contractual correspondence
- Ensure Zero Harm is embedded in Downer culture
- Regularly monitoring safety, quality and environmental performance and compliance
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering / Construction
- Experience within the rail, transport, construction and engineering industries (project experience) preferable
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage assigned workload
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
- Team player, with the ability to work autonomously with limited supervision and guidance.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Regular living away from home when the project necessitates is expected
Downer is dedicated to nurturing our people personally and professionally through skills development, competitive benefits, career pathways and fostering a proudly diverse fun and supportive workplace culture.
We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Confidential inquiries can be directed to Julien.Etiennette@downergroup.com