Operator | Water Pipelines
Apply now Job ID:
590343 Job type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Position summary An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company!
The Downer VIC Pipelines
team have an exciting new opportunity within our Greater Western Water (GWW) Network Renewals
contract delivery team for Experienced Truck Operators
on a full-time basis. The role is based from our Campbellfield depot in Melbourne,
and will bolster an existing high performing, fast paced and highly rewarding line of works.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will work with the Foreman and other crew members, including subcontractors in completing multiple water main renewal projects as part of the Pipelines team. THE ROLE
- Attend and participate in Toolbox meetings
- Complete Daily company administration and paperwork
- Perform effective communication with customers and residents
- Carry out daily pre-start and unskilled maintenance on all company equipment and hired equipment
- Work in a safe and productive manner
- Report to a Supervisor, Foreman or Senior Operator regarding any safety or operation issues
- Be able to perform basic tasks / general labouring as requested
WHAT WE OFFER
- Industry Induction Card (e.g. Red / White Card)
- Current Drivers Licence - Car & Heavy Rigid Licence
- 1 st Aid level 2 plus CPR
- Class B Asbestos Removalist qualifications
- Hold current competency in either of the following areas (Electrofusion Welding, PE Butt Welding, Plastek, Trenching and Shoring, Spotter, Dogmen, Backhoe, Excavator, Flexibore, Heavy Rigid Drivers Licence)
- Permanent opportunity in a fast paced and highly rewarding environment.
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees.
- Work on varied and interesting short-term projects as part of a longer-term program of work.
- Access to wider Downer opportunities.