- Aluminium or mining industry experience not necessary - this is the perfect role for people with the right skills and attitude to grow and learn
- A permanent role where your safety, career development and success are our priority
- 9 day fortnight roster
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
This role will interface with a variety of site customers and external vendors to ensure an efficient delivery of lubrication services to various equipment across the Yarwun Refinery site. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, tight-knit team who are a committed to providing quality work.
Reporting to the Team Leader, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Completing lubrication inspections on various equipment such as pumps and gearboxes
- Oil sample collection and analysis
- Completing oil changes on pumps, motors and gearboxes when required
- Completing routine greasing and lubrication activities on various equipment across site
- Identifying and implementing Hydrocarbon improvements opportunities
- Use of computer-based maintenance programs to access, update and enter information
What you'll bring:
- The successful applicant will be self-motivated and not afraid to 'get their hands dirty' (literally).
- You will have demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a team and bring a positive attitude to working with others
- You will have strong ability to clearly communicate with team members and stakeholders
- You will have a willingness to learn and enthusiasm to develop new skills as required- there is likely going to be opportunities to undertake training in Lubrication and Oil analysis in this role
- A demonstrated commitment to safety and zero incidents
- A drivers license.
Whilst not mandatory, it would be advantageous if you have:
- A mechanical trade or background
- Working at heights and/or Confined Space tickets
- Forklift licence
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers - generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium - the world's first to be certified 'responsible' - helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you'll be working
With production beginning in 2004 at our Yarwun alumina refinery, located approximately 10 kilometres north-west of Gladstone in Central Queensland, today the operation produces more than three million tonnes of alumina per year.
Around 700 people support the operation, with an additional 350 contractors on site each year as part of scheduled maintenance shutdown activities. Thanks to its 'Industry 4.0' focus, Yarwun is also a leader in trialling new technologies to improve operations on site, including 3D printing, robotics and drones in confined spaces, and is home to Rio Tinto's innovative Queensland Research and Development Centre (QRDC).
Along with Boyne Smelters Limited and Queensland Alumina Limited, our Yarwun Operation supports the local community in a wide range of initiatives through Here for Gladstone.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.