Accountable for the accounting operations, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Manage and ensure all employees are working in compliance with all Pinto Valley Mine and MSHA safety guidelines and procedures.
- Manage and ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with all Pinto Valley Mine standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are certified to execute the tasks/jobs they are assigned.
- Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Capstone’s Vision and Values: Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions i.e. tax filing
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations to issue complete financial records in timely manner and to fulfil all other reporting requirements
- Oversee annual budget process and month-end costs reporting process, including costs variance analysis
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external & internal auditors
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Supervise Accounts Payable and Payroll functions
- Lead, train, and mentor employees to ensure they work safely, efficiently, and accurately
- Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 10 years accounting/finance experience, including minimum 3 years of management level experience in accounting and business.
- Ability to work well in a fluid, team environment.
- Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English.
Key Competencies / Skills
- Certifications or education specific to Finance/Accounting.
- SAP experience in finance/cost data entry, updating, and reporting
- Proficient in math and computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office) with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.