Experience more opportunities
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
As the next Mining Engineer
reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer and a valued member of our supportive Technical Services team, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results. You will be responsible for delivering drill and blast design and planning requirements for the project.
In this role, you will but are not limited to:
Roster and Location:
- Drill pattern design
- Prepare load sheets and initiation designs for all blasts
- Blast reconciliations
- Optimisation projects
- Provide advice to production personnel on the required drill and blasting needs
- Work with key stakeholders on short term planning and operational issues
- Work closely with the Technical Services Manager and offsite support to deliver the medium-term plan
- Continue to develop the strong working relationship with the operations team
- 8 days on 6 days off roster with camp accommodation and meals provided
- FIFO or DIDO role
- The Lake Vermont Project is situated outside of Dysart, in Central Queensland. This project is one of Thiess' largest and longest running projects.
What Thiess can do for you
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or Survey
- Previous experience in Drill and Blast, preferably in an Open Cut mining environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience with Vulcan, Deswik or other mine design software
- A commitment to the best practice of health, safety environment and community at all times.
- Local housing offered and relocation available
- Company paid flights for FIFO employees
- Company paid travel allowance for DIDO employees $200 weekly
- Local housing or full camp accommodation provided
- Modern camp facilities with great gym and only 10 minute drive to site
- Thiess' commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.