DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
Provides general office support for a variety of clerical activities and tasks on a day-to-day basis. Performs administrative and clerical duties at the mine site. Provides support to maintenance and operations and HR personnel. Type correspondence and reports; edit and update various spreadsheets; maintain confidential records and files; general clerical duties including photocopying, fax, and mailing; maintain electronic and hard copy filing system; retrieve documents from filing system; handle requests for information and data; enter data into computer databases for effective record keeping; and answer and route phone calls.
Duties may include originating purchase requisitions, preparing reports, such as: weekly time and production reports, work order maintenance, equipment availability reports and maintaining site supplies.
Managing incoming and outgoing mail including expedited mail (e.g., Fed Ex). Ordering office supplies and keeping inventory.
Maintaining payroll information by collating, calculating and entering data. Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll queries. Maintaining all payroll operations according to company policies and procedures.
One to two years successful experience in mining office environment. Familiarity with databases (JDE) a plus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, FedEx, UPS
- Computer literacy; Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to enter data efficiently, timely and correctly in order to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Effective phone etiquette skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Successful candidate must be able and diligent in using personal protective equipment (PPE) as warranted by job conditions and Company policy. Such PPE includes: hearing protection, hard-hat, steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, and other PPE as required by the Company.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record.
Pre-employment screening including physical, drug screening, personal & criminal backgrounds checks will be conducted on all candidates that receive a conditional offer. Other details