Thiess is a global company, partnering with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa, and now the Americas.
For more than 85-years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments, and cultures. We use that insight to optimise mining solutions for each project, backed by our commitments to our people, clients, and communities where we live and work.
Today we employ almost 12,000 people across 26 projects. Our workforce has the skills, experience, and resourcefulness to realize opportunities, respond to project challenges and add value to clients' needs. Through our safety culture, repeatable processes, technology integration and more, our purpose is to create lasting value.
The USA is an important part of our future. We're pleased to be bringing our unique approach to the contract mining industry to the USA and North America. We are miners and only miners.
We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included, and empowered.
If you're interested in joining a learning organization with a focus on innovation and technology that create value for the mining industry, deliver excellence, and take pride in sustainable resource recovery, join our team!
Check out our current openings: http://www.thiess.com
Learn about our history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1JKActFiWQ About the Role
Your main responsibilities Business Development Project Estimator for Thiess North America Business Unit
- Provision of accurate and innovative estimating and costing services for the tendering of new mining projects and Provision of accurate and innovative estimating and costing services for the tendering of new mining projects and similarly apply these processes to current projects to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the Thiess business.
- The application of technical and operational knowledge to develop sound and accurate tenders and assist projects solve challenges and improve performance.
- Understanding of commercial and legal contract conditions.
- Work with mine planning engineers to ensure the mine plan is optimised for the tender.
- Analyse actual direct costs and overheads to aid in developing tender costs.
- Analyse site production performance to determine parameters for use in budgets and tenders.
- Assist with developing a pricing model for each project that is optimal for both, clients and Thiess
- Develop accurate tenders that are practically oriented with due consideration of the scope of works.
- Create a team environment within workgroups and individuals alike.
- Use initiate to look to improve financial performance for the business.
- Identity and participate in the cross training and development of colleagues and foster an environment of open communication where feedback and queries are encouraged.
- Promote a friendly professional working relationship between Thiess and Client staff based on a climate of mutual trust.
- Assistance in generation of site budgets. Analysis of site operations and methods to ensure cost effectiveness.
How to apply
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mining / Civil Engineering or Surveying.
- Minimum of 8 years' and more of relevant experience in mining operations, field mining experience, with experience in development of projects from concept to contract execution, the majority of which must have been in North America region.
- Previous experience working at a large-scale open cut or underground mining operation.
- Mine design, planning and scheduling experience.
- Estimating experience for mining & civil projects.
- Regional travel may be required.
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.Legal Disclaimer
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Thiess is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
At Thiess we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe everyday: employees, families and society. We are committed to our employees' health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.