Experience more opportunities
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
Based in our newly renovated South Bank offices, we have a great opportunity for a Contracts Advisor
to join our Procurement team supporting our mining contracts within Australia. As Contracts Advisor you will implement and maintain effective management and administration of subcontract/supply packages to control spend and limit risk.
As a key member of our team you will be responsible for:
- Drafting contract tender packages to gain competitive pricing from suppliers/subcontractors
- Initiating, comparing, and reconciling tender submissions to enable stakeholders and senior management to understand costs or risks with the works
- Supporting the operational function to develop a business case, and provide recommendations and justifications to obtain approval to proceed with the works
- Annual rate reviews, letters of extensions, variations, amendments with justifications as required
- Assisting to resolve any contract disputes between the supplier and the business
- Prepare a detailed handover pack for new projects upon Contract Award
- Supporting internal stakeholders with contract procedures, and general administration of contracts to maintain a professional standard of work
What Thiess can do for you
- Demonstrate your understanding of procurement and contract facilitation in mining necessary to achieve the confident and rapport in dealing with internal stakeholders
- Possess strong knowledge of JDE (preferable)
- Current industry knowledge would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thiess' commitment to ongoing training & development
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working office/home
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options - Novated leasing super and vehicles
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply'
button or the link below.