Work with a team of the best About the role
Thiess Rehabilitation is currently seeking production leading hands for a new opportunity at Ensham mine, which is located 40km east of Emerald. Thiess Rehabilitation is committed to delivering mine rehabilitation services at Ensham over a 3.5 year term, and are looking for people to be part of this exciting project.
Leading hands will form part of the project production team and have the opportunity to develop their careers with Thiess Rehabilitation. Project teams will be lean and work closely together, so initiative and cross-skilling/up-skilling will be encouraged.
The Production Leading Hand role offers an even time 7/7 roster, on a 12-hour day shift/night shift rotation. There will also be upskilling and further development opportunities.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will manage operational rehabilitation objectives during the shift for dozers and ancillary equipment, as well as operate dozers. You will work collaboratively with your small crew and the project team towards delivering safe, high-quality results. You will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges while acting with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards and practices
- Coordinate production activities at operational areas daily in accordance with the rehabilitation program by prioritising resources, machinery and people
- Manage and coordinate the production team's activities by setting performance objectives
- Operate dozers according to the rehabilitation program requirements
- Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of all rehabilitation production activities
What Thiess can do for you
- Prior experience operating dozers on a mine rehabilitation or civil/construction rehabilitation job
- Experience using High Precision GPS and machine guidance systems on earthmoving equipment
- Experience in Caterpillar D11 dozers or equivalent
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role within the mining industry or civil earthmoving
- Proven and effective people management skills
- A commitment to a positive safety culture
- Permanent full-time positions
- Even time, lifestyle rosters
- Full camp facilities provided
- Thiess' commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options - Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
Mining is about value, and that value isn't fully realised until land is returned to a sustainable state. Thiess Rehabilitation offers world-leading mine rehabilitation services by miners, who are also environmental experts, delivering award winning rehabilitation programs globally, and with over 10000 ha of rehabilitation completed since 2007.
Thiess Rehabilitation covers the full lifecycle of mine rehabilitation services, from design to development to delivery, including helping clients achieve superior end land use results with positive environmental, social and governance outcomes.
Visit our website to learn more - https://thiessrehabilitation.com/ Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We're committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here . No other requests will be acknowledged. How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.