Work with a team of the best About the role
Thiess Rehabilitation is currently seeking an experienced surveyor for a permanent opportunity at Ensham mine which is located 40km east of Emerald. Thiess Rehabilitation is committed to delivering mine rehabilitation services at Ensham over a 3.5 year term, and are looking for people to be part of this exciting project.
Surveyors will form part of the project team and have the opportunity to develop their careers with Thiess Rehabilitation. Project teams will be lean and work closely together, so initiative and cross-skilling/up-skilling will be encouraged.
The Project Surveyor roster will be 5/2,4/3. Flights from Brisbane can be provided for this role if needed.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure daily operational rehabilitation plan objectives are achieved at the rehabilitation project
- Be responsible for delivering total survey requirements of the project, including day-to-day set outs, monthly volume pick-ups, end of month reporting, and complying with statutory requirements and contractual obligations.
- Provide survey support and assist the production crews in the planning process
- Establish and maintain a system of survey marks adequate to complete rehabilitation work
- Ensure survey data is recorded and stored as per project management plans
- Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of surveying and mine development activities on site
- Conduct EOM pickups and volume calculations using UAVs
To be successful in this role you are required to have:
What Thiess can do for you
- A minimum of two years' experience in open cut mining or civil earthmoving
- A tertiary qualification in surveying or equivalent
- UAV licence with operational experience
- Current Drivers Licence
- Experience with Vulcan Software
- A commitment to the practice of health and safety at all times
- A commitment to our principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery
- Permanent full-time positions
- Flights provided from Brisbane
- Full camp facilities provided
- Thiess' commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options - Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
Mining is about value, and that value isn't fully realised until land is returned to a sustainable state. Thiess Rehabilitation offers world-leading mine rehabilitation services by miners, who are also environmental experts, delivering award winning rehabilitation programs globally, and with over 10000 ha of rehabilitation completed since 2007.
Thiess Rehabilitation covers the full lifecycle of mine rehabilitation services, from design to development to delivery, including helping clients achieve superior end land use results with positive environmental, social and governance outcomes.
Visit our website to learn more - https://thiessrehabilitation.com/ Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We're committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here . No other requests will be acknowledged. How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.