Work with a team of the best About the role
Thiess Rehabilitation is seeking Maintenance Supervisors for a permanent opportunity at Ensham mine which is located 40km east of Emerald. Thiess Rehabilitation is committed to delivering mine rehabilitation services at Ensham over a 3.5 year term, and are looking for people to be part of this exciting project.
Supervisors will form part of the project production team and have the opportunity to develop their careers with Thiess Rehabilitation. Project teams will be lean and work closely together, so initiative and cross-skilling/up-skilling will be encouraged.
The maintenance supervisor role offers an even time 7/7 roster, on a 12-hour day shift rotation.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will coordinate project maintenance activities in accordance with legislative requirements, Thiess procedures and OEM recommendations. You will work collaboratively with the small project team and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do. This role will be supported by on-call fitters and will manage the maintenance of a fleet of Caterpillar D11 dozers and ancillary equipment.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate and maintain a high standard of safety leadership
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant Stakeholders
- Strive for continuous improvement and ensure assets are managed effectively to achieve budget utilisation rates
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards and practices
To be considered for this opportunity you are required to have:
What Thiess can do for you
- Extensive experience in mining or civil earthmoving maintenance with a track record of delivering excellent results
- Mechanical trade qualification
- Knowledge of relevant mining related legislation including codes of practice and relevant Australian Standards
- A commitment to a positive safety culture
- A commitment to our principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery
- Permanent full-time positions
- Even time roster
- Full camp facilities provided
- Thiess' commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options - Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
Mining is about value, and that value isn't fully realised until land is returned to a sustainable state. Thiess Rehabilitation offers world-leading mine rehabilitation services by miners, who are also environmental experts, delivering award winning rehabilitation programs globally, and with over 10000 ha of rehabilitation completed since 2007.
Thiess Rehabilitation covers the full lifecycle of mine rehabilitation services, from design to development to delivery, including helping clients achieve superior end land use results with positive environmental, social and governance outcomes.
Visit our website to learn more - https://thiessrehabilitation.com/ Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We're committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here . No other requests will be acknowledged. How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.