Lead a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
Thiess is seeking Expressions of Interest from experienced OCEs for our brand-new project in the Bowen Basin - the Olive Downs Complex.
We were recently awarded a five year contract to deliver full service mining operations, including mine planning overburden removal, drill and blast, load and haul, water management and rehabilitation as well as construction of the mine infrastructure.
The Olive Downs Complex is a greenfield project located 40 kilometres South-west of Moranbah and is due to commence mining operations in early 2023.
You will have the opportunity to join a new workforce with a focus on developing a strong performance culture - a culture values everyone's contribution equally.
Genuine Choice will be provided - working a lifestyle roster or an even time roster you will provide effective safety leadership to the project production crew ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for all employees is maintained and community & environmental compliance is adhered to.
In this role, you will:
- Champion for all safety management plans & procedures
- Effectively communicate with other departments
- Leadership and development of crew
- Conduct toolbox talks and shift prestart talks
- Conduct statutory inspections of an open cut operation
You are a high achieving OCE with previous experience in a similar role. You are committed to driving a high performing and inclusive team.
What Thiess can do for you
- A current QLD OCE Certificate of Competency
- Experience in leading a high-performance team
- Commitment to HSEC
- Experience in leading a high performance team
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fluid/dynamic environment
- Ability to work in an adaptive team
- Experience with computer-based data and management tools (e.g. Infomine)
- Permanent full-time positions
- Thiess' commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Competitive salary
- Salary sacrifice options - novated leasing
- Genuine Choice - Lifestyle Roster or even time roster
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We're committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here. No other requests will be acknowledged. How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.
Note: The Strong & Sustainable Resource Communities Act 2017 principles apply to this position.