CSG Talent are looking to recruit the Radio Frequency Engineer to join the global leading and innovative mining company during their projects operations. You will be joining very successful company providing career growth and long term opportunity.
Please note: This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations . This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky and New York.
Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the positions shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.Description
Collaborate with assigned teams responsible to maintain and enhance the overall performance and availability of global 2-way radio systems, differential GPS and other geolocation systems, telemetry systems, lightning detection, emergency warning systems, licensed and unlicensed backhaul microwave, video surveillance, physical access systems, and outdoor wireless mesh systems. Serve as tier 2 technical support for site teams responsible for maintaining these systems.
- Provide tier 2 technical support, configure, install, and troubleshoot radio systems and equipment. Escalate issues to Sr. RF Engineer(s) and/or Architect as required.
- Collaborate with site IS teams to oversee and assist with planned radio system maintenance activities while minimizing impact to services.
- Conduct thorough analysis of service results and respond to any escalated service delivery issues in a timely manner.
- Work effectively with other IS teams and outsourcing provider(s) to ensure technology solutions are effectively managed and performed.
- Collaborate with Sr. RF Engineer(s) and/or Architect to design solutions and create implementation / support models for technology encompassing a specific specialization or platform.
- Review reports to ensure all services are completely and successfully delivered. Proactively intervene to correct problems when they are encountered. Use metrics to improve processes.
- Interface with the business users to elicit and define network communications requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested
- This position requires air travel. In accordance with the company requirement for all employees whose job requires travel by air, if you are hired you will be required to submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel by air, unless the company has granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field and, three (3) years of experience in radio frequency / information network services, OR
- High School Diploma or GED and, seven (7) years of experience in radio frequency / information network services
- FCC General Operators License or equivalent
- Five (5) or more years of experience in radio systems and radio frequency (RF) based systems
- Five (5) or more years of experience with 2-way voice radio systems
- Experience with licensed and unlicensed microwave radio systems
- Experience with differential GPS or other geolocation systems
- Experience with telemetry systems
- Experience with Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11)
- Experience with lightning detection systems
- Experience with video surveillance and/or physical access control systems
- Extensive understanding of Infrastructure design and support concepts.