Nevada Gold Mines is looking for an Underground Tire Technician to join our Cortez District Underground Maintenance Team. Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Underground Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, the Underground Tire Technician is responsible for the following:
- Perform tire rotations, replacements and wheel repairs
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Can Offer You
- Previous experience in an underground mining environment preferred, tire experience a plus.
- Proven strong record of work safety as well as work attendance required
- Ability to work within a team environment with a variety of personalities and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position required
- Knowledge of computer operation required
- Exemplary safety and attendance record required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. without reasonable accommodations required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize a heavy workload required
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers in a team environment required
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.