Are you interested in becoming part of a company whose vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people?
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an Open Pit Maintenance Supervisor at our Cortez operations. The Open Pit Maintenance Supervisor will ensure that all planned maintenance activities for the truck and support fleet are properly executed in a safe and efficient manner.
At Nevada Gold Mines we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more! Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all planned maintenance activities for the truck and support fleet are properly executed in a safe and efficient manner
- Track maintenance on a fleet of numerous pieces of surface mining equipment
- Perform employee performance evaluations, monitor, track safety performance and hours for direct reports
- Track maintenance on a fleet of numerous pieces of surface mining equipment; perform employee performance evaluations, monitor, track safety performance and hours for direct reports
- Conduct pre-shift inspection of the work site and monthly Planned General Inspections (PGIs)
- Properly down code information to be entered into the Mining Dispatch System; involvement in performing and reviewing Field Level Risk Assessments (FLRAs) and document incidents in RIMS, along with maintain quality control procedures
- Promote a safe working environment and encourage crew members to support continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide support to operations as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
About Nevada Gold Mines
- Five (5) years of experience in the maintenance of large, open-pit mobile equipment, in a planned maintenance environment required
- Two (2) years of experience working in maintenance supervisory or lead role demonstrating increasing responsibility preferred
- Demonstrate ability to use Microsoft Office, Oracle, and dispatch systems preferred
- Excellent leadership skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Willingness to cross train in Maintenance Planning required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with maintenance technicians and other site personnel required
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this job required
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.