If you thrive on challenge and collaboration, Barrick offers opportunities on a global scale. Our remarkable people have made us the leading gold mining company, and we're looking for more people to join our team-people who are motivated, energetic, eager to learn and grow. We make it a priority to support the aspirations of every individual, with international opportunities, ongoing training and development, and first-class benefits. Williams Operating Corporation - Barrick Gold located near Marathon in Northwestern Ontario presently requires a: Mine Geologist Position Description:
As a member of the Mineral Resource Management team, the successful candidate will report to the Senior Mine Geologist. This role will require an individual who is safety driven and safety conscious, and capable of working with a diverse team of production geologists, technical services staff, underground operations personnel, and diamond drillers. The selected applicant will be part of a team involved in sampling and mapping underground headings, inspecting stopes, logging core, communicating geological information which impacts mining to technical services and operations. Responsibilities:
- Proven commitment to workplace safety.
- Proven commitment to technical excellence and industry best practices.
- Carry out daily underground geology work including lithological mapping, structural mapping, inspecting stopes, collecting muck samples and chip sampling.
- Drill core logging. Geological interpretation and modelling.
- Working collaboratively with technical and operational teams to ensure timely and effective ore control activities and to meet monthly production and development plans.
- As required, carry out special projects, including but not limited to, geological reviews, preparation of reports.
What we can Offer You
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Geoscientist with PGO
- 2-5 yrs. experience working in an underground mining environment
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Experience with 3D modeling software, geological database software, mapping software, and planning software. Vulcan / Leapfrog, AcQuire, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and Deswik experience would be highly regarded
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to walk significant grades underground and lift 50 lbs.
- Valid driver's license required
- Strong computing, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with engineering and production personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, motivated self-starter with high standards expected of themselves and others
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced mine production environment.
- A comprehensive compensation package including competitive bonuses, benefits, pension, and company match share purchase plan.
- A progressive career path including global opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Access to a global network of highly qualified professionals for exchanging knowledge and ideas, building skills, and sharing experiences
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Our mission is to be the world's most valued gold and copper mining business by finding, developing, and owning the best assets, with the best people, to deliver sustainable returns for our owners and partners. At Barrick today, we are all owners. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
By joining Barrick, you'll be a valuable member of a friendly, diverse, and high-achieving team of more than 10,000 people around the globe. Barrick has mining operations and projects in a number of different countries, including Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Dominican Republic, Mali, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, United States, and Zambia.
At Barrick, we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. About Hemlo
Hemlo has produced more than 21 million ounces of gold and has been operating continuously for more than 30 years. It consists of the Williams mine operation, including an underground mine, and 4mtpa gold processing facility. Hemlo is located about 350 kilometers east of Thunder Bay, Ontario on Highway 17. Situated nearby the beautiful North Shore of Lake Superior, Hemlo works closely with our Indigenous communities of Biigtigong Nishnaabeg and Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg and the townships of Marathon, Manitouwadge and White River. An area of extensive natural beauty for all outdoor pursuits from hiking in national and state parks, all types of water sports, hunting, fishing, and camping. Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.