Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an Underground Geotechnical Engineer (Level I) with our Carlin Leeville Mines Underground Geotechnical Engineering department.
The successful candidate will be responsible, have a high attention to detail, a good communicator and have a passion to pursue geotechnical engineering as a career. This is a fantastic opportunity for 2022 graduates to learn from a team of dedicated and professional Geotechnical Engineers. Responsibilities:
- Independently perform work which involves visual inspections of the underground mining activities to identify ground hazards, provide recommendations and monitor excavation performance.
- Ensure adherence to the Ground Control standards and maintain the ground support QA/QC program, such as rockbolt pull-testing and strength testing of shotcrete and backfill.
- Utilize rock mechanics properties to design ground support as needed.
- Collect, analyze, and report on geotechnical monitoring data and maintain databases.
- Assist with ground control safety training programs.
- Provide support with geotechnical related projects, as necessary.
- The candidate will also periodically assist with geotechnical mapping underground and geotechnical core logging for specific drill programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Can Offer You
- Minimum requirement: B.S. Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering or Geology
- Previous underground Geotechnical Experience or underground internships
- Familiarization with mining software packages (preferably Deswik).
- Team leadership, problem solving, and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in work hours for on-call and call-outs, as needed.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently.
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution AND employer match, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Endless opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues who are passionate about Geotechnical Engineering.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevada Gold Mines (NGM) is a joint venture between Barrick (61.5%) and Newmont (38.5%) that combined our significant assets across Nevada in 2019 to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world. NGM produces approximately 3.5 million ounces of gold a year. The massive mining operation comprises eight mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities and hosts three of Barrick's Tier One assets: Carlin, Cortez, and Turquoise Ridge. At NGM, our mission is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and owning the best assets, with the best people, to deliver sustainable returns for our owners and partners.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.