The person in this position will undertake diverse, fast-paced, and challenging work focused on providing environmental support to fuels, mining, manufacturing, and power clients. The position requires strong problem-solving and communication skills and the drive to combine technical background with regulatory framework. In this position, you will develop solutions that allow clients to maintain optimal flexibility and profitability while complying with regulatory requirements related to air, water, and waste. The technical expertise you gathered from your degree will be used to understand our clients' processes in relation to the applicable environmental permits, rules, and regulations.
Assignments will include reading and interpreting regulations, calculating emissions, writing regulatory and technical analysis memos, preparing routine compliance submittals, developing compliance tools to assist clients, and compiling permit applications. On-site client support opportunities may require out-of-town travel. To be considered for this position, you must submit a resume, transcripts, and a cover letter.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical or environmental engineering or a related scientific degree
- Internship or post-college professional experience in industry, environmental agency, or environmental consulting
- Intrinsic motivation with an emphasis on client service and interest in growing a career in environmental consulting
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with project team members, regulators, and clients
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills including attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong computer skills including the use of spreadsheets
- Willingness to travel and periodically adjust personal schedule to meet project needs
- Acceptable driving record
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- High level of proficiency working in data systems and analyzing large sets of data
- Experience working with regulations and environmental permitting
- Project or task management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building working relationships across multi-dimensional teams
- Aptitude for developing client relationships and business opportunities
Barr is an EEO/AA firm.
NOTE:Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work in facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, high temperature and pressure process equipment, and other conditions typical of large industrial facilities. Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring the cleanup of hazardous materials. An OSHA-mandated physical exam may be required; safety training will be provided.
Colorado Applicants Only:
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $60,000-$75,000/year. Compensation will vary based upon experience, education, skill level, and other compensable factors. Employees in this position may also be eligible for a discretionary cash bonus. Our compensation comes in more ways than traditional base salary, and we believe that when all those elements are combined, our compensation is a competitive part of the total value proposition of working at Barr.
People report that they stay at Barr because of the camaraderie and career opportunities. Another draw is our competitive package of employee benefits, which includes professional development funding, 401(k) retirement savings plan, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) participation, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, disability and accidental death insurance, flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses, paid holidays, paid time off, and compensatory time for exempt/salaried staff (time off or pay for extra time worked).