The person in this position will work with diverse project teams of engineers and scientists on civil engineering and related technical assignments. Work will include completing designs using CADD modeling software, preparing spreadsheets and construction plans and specifications, completing site development designs, and writing reports as well as performing construction cost estimating, construction observation, and facility inspection. Responsibilities may also include involvement with or support of project teams involved in hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, water quality modeling, and GIS work. This person may also work with permitting agencies and public officials. Work may require short-term, out-of-town assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in civil/environmental engineering, with emphasis on water resources
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Word, as well as intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or other CAD-based civil design software
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Flexible working style and willingness to occasionally modify personal schedule as required to meet deadlines and/or client needs
- Ability and willingness to conduct fieldwork independently or with a team, either locally or out of town, when needed
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- Degree emphasis on water resources
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certified or ability to obtain certification within one year
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, HydroCAD, and/or ArcGIS
- Familiarity with hydrologic/hydraulic analysis, open channel and pipe flow, water quality issues, and/or earthwork and grading plans
- Experience with construction administration, construction observation, mine tailings, water management, stream restoration and/or stormwater drainage
NOTE: Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials.