As our Fixed Maintenance Superintendent, you will direct maintenance activities on fixed and paste plant systems toensure safety, environmental, quality and production goals meet standards to keep our production going and our profitability up. Every day you will work at a mine on a remote island about 18 miles outside of Juneau, Alaska. You’ll start every day organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing work activities to ensure safe and environmentally sound practices are embedded in the culture. You will be called upon to work cooperatively with others as part of a team, and encourage collaboration, trust and openness among employees. To thrive in this role, you will drive the creation of an engaged workplace culture and provide the leadership that promotes continually exploring new technologies to improve worker safety and efficiencies throughout the operations. We’re on a remote island, you must know how to work independently, identify, and resolve problems in a timely manner.About Us
The Greens Creek Mine, located on Admiralty Island 18 miles south of Juneau, is an underground polymetallic mine operating since 1989, employing approximately 450 people. The mine is owned and operated by Hecla Mining Company, headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Established in 1891, Hecla has a rich history as a distinguished and respected precious metals producer. Winner of numerous safety and environmental awards, Greens Creek is seeking new team members committed to professional growth and success.Here’s what you can expect in this role:
- Training first. Every hire is provided MSHA training in the first 4 days on the job. We also provide department-level training on not just what to do, but safety, as well.
- Apply your leadership skills in recruiting, developing, and retaining workforce talent necessary to provide effective site maintenance.
- Share your knowledge and expertise in planning, developing, and implementing new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Relocate to Juneau and work on a remote island. You will take a boat commute to work every day. Every department is slightly different, but you will work 4 days on for 10 hours each, followed by 3 days off.
- You will direct and monitor subordinate supervisors to accomplish goals of the fixed maintenance plan, consistent with established operating, health & safety, and environmental standards.
- Safety is important. Every piece of equipment and each work area must be inspected before work starts. You will promote and personally observe safety procedures.
- A team you can rely on, a team that will have your back.
If you’re interested in this role, apply on our website at this link: http://www.hecla-mining.com/careers/
We have a three-part interview process. You must complete the self-assessment that will be sent to you via e-mail after you have completed your application. Then, if you are selected, our first interview will be a phone or video interview. Finally, if you are selected to move forward, you will be invited to a mine site and Juneau visit.