Reporting to the Mill Operations Supervisor, the Technician, Mill Operations will be responsible for maintaining the operational integrity of the crushing and milling complex as required. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the operational integrity of their circuit; in order to achieve safety, environmental, quality, costs, and production targets.
- Ability to operate a variety of circuits including, Reagent Mixing, Tailings Monitoring, Concentrate Dewatering, and Primary/Secondary Crushing Circuits.
- Actively participates in mentoring and training others.
- Understands and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Able to learn and become proficient at occasionally operating mobile equipment (skid steer, wheel loader, mini excavator, overhead crane, and arial work platform). Training to be provided by the company.
WORK SCHEDULE :
- Attention and compliance to established safety rules and guidelines is paramount.
- Experience is an asset in Tailings, Reagent Mixing, Concentrate Dewatering, and Primary/Secondary Crushing.
- Experience with Confined Space, Lock Out Tag Out, and Fall Arrest is an asset.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Familiarity with computers.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Collaborative work style - willing to participate in solving problems and comfortable working both in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude.
- Valid class 5 driver's license and clean driving record
- This is a camp-based position with a schedule of 7 days' working with 7 days' rest, 12 hours per day, rotating between day shift and night shift.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- The role is located at the Mount Milligan Mine, which is approximately 155 kilometers northwest of Prince George, British Columbia.
- Bus transportation to and from site is provided free of charge from several locations within the region. Employees accessing the site from outside the region are eligible to receive a tax-free travel allowance commensurate with the distance they are required to travel.
- Candidates must be able to maintain high levels of performance for extended shifts.
- Mount Milligan promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
- An industry competitive salary that is commensurate with experiences, qualifications, and skills.
- Tax-free travel allowance for those living outside the region.
- Comfortable camp accommodations, each room having a private washroom, TV and wifi. The camp is complete with a gymnasium and other recreational activities.
- Extended health, dental and travel benefits, including life insurance.
- Employee and family assistance program.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.