Closing Date: July 6, 2022
Join our Water Quality Management team as they work to ensure the health of the local watershed, guided by The Elk Valley Water Quality Plan!
Reporting to the Manager, Water Projects, the Senior Project Lead, Water Treatment Operations is responsible for project management delivery in water operations projects within the Department, supporting project planning and implementation for Teck Coal’s growing water treatment assets. You will oversee project management delivery in capital and sustaining projects for Teck Coal's water treatment facilities while supervising a direct report on assisting with the planning, scheduling, and tracking, budgeting, and execution of key initiatives within the Water Projects group.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who is organized, adaptable and able to work collaboratively with a team while overseeing an employee and contractors. Most importantly, the successful individual will have strong abilities in analyzing and finding solutions to improve practices with the ability to influence employees at all levels.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Implement project management processes and systems in support of water treatment operations
- Support construction and contract supervision activities including sourcing resources internally and externally
- Identify project synergies and optimizations across multiple projects and work fronts
- Coach, support, educate, and mentor others on project management topics
- Provide Preliminary Risk Ranking and assessments of proposed new projects
- Participate in developing best practices for project management
- Provide summary reporting and metrics on project progress, schedule, and cost control activities
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree in Technology, Science, Engineering, or Water Treatment-related field
- Minimum seven years’ experience in project management; water treatment or plant operations as an asset
- Knowledgeable in managing projects and construction in environmentally sensitive areas
- Project Management Professional designation is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Wastewater, Water Treatment, Coal Mining, Project Manager, Engineering, Mining, Technology