Why Consider Teck Resources Ltd. For Your Co-op Placement?
Teck Resources Ltd. is Canada’s largest diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with business units focused on steelmaking coal, copper, zinc, and energy. Teck hires more than 150 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations.Innovation at Teck
At Teck, we don't just embrace ideas, we employ them. We enhance our productivity, safety, sustainability and growth by putting smarter ideas to work. Teck fosters a culture where employees are encouraged to bring ideas forward, test innovative approaches, and implement technologies that help make us a better company.Professional benefits of working as a co-op with Teck Resources Ltd:
Closing Date: July 6, 2022 Duration:
- Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. In everything we do, Teck is led by our values of safety, sustainability, integrity, respect, excellence, and courage.
- A co-op with Teck will offer you the opportunity to work on challenging projects alongside a team of professionals who are experts in their respective fields. You will experience a combination of projects in the field and office.
- Teck offers a competitive salary for our co-ops as well as assistance with travel costs and co-op fees.
- Make an impression! Successful co-ops with Teck are given first consideration for professional positions upon graduation.
8 monthsStart Date:
Reporting to the Senior Specialist, Sustainability Reporting, the Sustainability Co-op will support and assist Teck’s Sustainability Reporting team by undertaking activities that help advance the company’s sustainability and Environment, Government and Social (ESG) reporting objectives.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist in writing, editing, data collection, and research for the development and production of Teck’s Sustainability Report
- Support sustainability and ESG reporting improvement initiatives, including conducting research on broad sustainability trends, emerging best practices, and peer comparisons
- Support the design and implementation of other strategic initiatives such as enhancing data analytics capabilities in the team
- General support in the delivery of projects and tasks as required. Typical tasks of this nature may include ad hoc presentations, briefings, file and contact management etc.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other departments and teams to complete relevant tasks as required
- Final year co-op student currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Sustainability, Environmental Sciences, Data Science, Project Management or Business with an interest in Sustainability or a related field of study
- Interest in corporate sustainability and ESG
- A detail-oriented individual with strong data input, reconciliation and management skills
- Exceptional organizational, research, and planning skills
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills - high level of interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comprehension of best practices in sustainability reporting is an asset, but not required
- Spanish-speaking is an asset, but not required
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution. We also value inclusion. As such we have a variety of flexible schedules that can offer you work life balance. Our current hybrid working model consists of three days in office and two remote.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is consistently recognized as a top employer for our commitment to a healthy and positive work environment. Our team is focused on fostering a workplace where everyone is included, valued and equipped for the future. In 2021, Teck was proud to be selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four years in a row, and also named as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People. In 2020, Teck was named to Forbes World’s Best Employers List and in 2021, we were recognized in Forbes Canada’s Best Employers 2021 List.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or @TeckResourcesJob Segment:
Sustainability, Coal Mining, Energy, Mining, Bilingual, Research