Closing Date: July 7, 2022
Reporting to the Senior Reliability Specialist, the Asset Health Supervisor is responsible for monitoring real-time mobile mining equipment data and combining it with available condition-based information to make informed maintenance decisions to optimize equipment performance. This role would be an important liaison between operators and maintainers in relaying equipment information to optimize reliability and availability. This role will operate on a 4x4 schedule rotation.
To be successful, we are looking for someone that is skilled at making effective and timely decisions, who can prioritize multiple demands and modify decisions and actions in response to changing information and circumstances. The successful person would have high integrity and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A passion for technology and continuous improvement would be essential for success in this role.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities at your fingertips. Whether you enjoy biking and skiing, or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all the comforts of city living. It is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist maintenance dispatcher in rapid troubleshooting of down equipment including triage and providing appropriate diagnostic information
- Monitor asset health risks through real-time monitoring, oil sample analysis, leak management, and other condition based monitoring to make critical decisions pertaining to equipment
- Work closely with the Autonomous Haulage System team to monitor active health events and concerns with autonomous mine truck fleet
- Identify and communicate pending failures that can be planned and scheduled in the future
- Facilitate the feedback loop to Ops on Reliability practices and performance and follow up on Ops concerns regarding equipment health
- Assist the reliability department with identifying bad actors and continuous improvement of the maintenance strategy to match operational practices
- Facilitate the feedback loop with Operations regarding equipment concerns and health
- Journeyperson’s ticket, or related technical diploma
- Experience in diagnostics in Cummins / Detroit engines
- Strong computer skills, particularly in OEM systems, CMMS, Microsoft Office® Excel and Outlook
- Diagnostic experience in haul trucks (Caterpillar, Komatsu) and/or shovels (P&H) both electrically and mechanically would be an asset
- Experience in Asset Health Monitoring systems, oil sampling, etc. is an asset
About Teck Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and two professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Manager, Medical, Mining, Management, Healthcare