Fortescue is now consistently producing over 180 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead as it diversifies its business to become an integrated, global green energy and resources company. Senior Environmental Specialist Work Location: Fortescue Centre, East Perth. Fortescue's Perth office is located on the traditional lands of the Whadjuk people. Roster: Monday - Friday
To provide specialist ecological advice to environment teams, and develop/coordinate part of Fortescue's environmental monitoring programs consistent with conditioned objectives, associated requirements, and implementation milestones as agreed with stakeholders and/or specified in associated Environmental Management Plans/Procedures. Communicate outcomes from environmental monitoring programs to stakeholders and manage the coordination and logistics of field/site visits by regulators, consultants and other technical experts/researchers as required.Key accountabilities will include:
Qualifications and skills required:
- Implement Health and Safety (HS) Management of contractors, including implementation of HS standards, coordinating HS audits, and driving continuous improvement in HS.
- Project Manage environmental monitoring programs, and provide ecological advice to the project, approval and operations teams. Ensure Recommendations arising from monitoring programs and contingency actions are actioned.
- Conducted site visits to ensure adherence to scopes of work and building relations with sites teams.
- Represent Fortescue on industry forums and boards as required by role.
Fortescue is a values-based business and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce that is reflective of society and fostering a workplace culture that truly embraces diversity and inclusiveness.We encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, those who identify as LGBTQIA+ and people with a diversity of skills, ethnicity, experience and age to apply for this position.www.fmgl.com.au/jobs-at-fortescue
- Degree in Environmental Science or related discipline
- Extensive environmental management experience relating to project implementation and operation across multiple business areas
- 10 years' experience in an environmental role within the resources industry or an associated government department
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental legislation and experience in its implementation
- Detailed understanding of Environmental Management Systems
- Knowledge and understanding of the Pilbara Environment
- A strong understanding of Microsoft software applications
- Experience in use of GIS software
- Advanced report writing, interpersonal and communications skills
- Stakeholder management and Leadership
- Ability to interpret scientific data
- Strategic thinking
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to organise, coordinate and prioritise effectively
- Strategic thinking
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified. Applications close:
08 Jul 2022 W. Australia Standard Time