angle-right Refer a friend angle-right
Senior Health Safety and Training Coordinator - Meandu Apply Now angle-right
BUMA Australia was established in 2021 to acquire the Open Cut Mining business of Downer. This acquisition included the transition of all people, mining services contracts, assets, systems and intellectual property from a business which has successfully provided mining and civil services in diverse locations and across many commodities for over 75 years. Currently BUMA Australia successfully manages operations across five sites and we have plans to continue to expand and grow.
Everything we do is underpinned by our vision - to be a leading mining service provider contributing to future energy solutions and is supported by our core values of safety, integrity, innovation, collaboration and people.SITE SUMMARY
BUMA Australia provides a total mine service to Stanwell Corporation's Meandu Mine to deliver coal to the adjacent Tarong power station.
BUMA Australia is responsible for both managing and operating the mine. Services provided include planning, drilling, overburden removal, coal mining, coal processing, rehabilitation, and maintenance of mobile and fixed plant. The project uses a combination of dragline and truck-and shovel operations.
Meandu Mine currently has five working pits, with sufficient coal to fuel the stations until at least 2037.
The Meandu project employs approximately 400 people, including staff, maintenance and mining operations personnel.
The mine is located approximately 25 km south-east of Kingaroy in the South Burnett. The mine can be accessed via Nobby Smith Way, Nanango.KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Providing specialist health, safety and training advice and support to the HST team and lead a proactive safety culture on site.
- Communicating and reporting on health and safety performance.
- Streamlining, coordinating and implementing systems, processes and procedures
- Developing and delivering on site training and development programs
- Manage the investigation process for serious incidents, developing strategies to effectively resolve workplace hazards
- Ensure the Emergency Response Team is operationally prepared to respond at all times
- Ensure all statutory requirements are fulfilled to ensure compliance to the Meandu Mine SHMS.
- To conduct internal SHMS audits when required.
- Coordinate occupational hygiene monitoring/ projects/ audits i.e. Ear fit testing, Respirator fit testing, Vibration/ dust/ noise and welding fume
- Assist HS&T Superintendent in monitoring budget and tracking expenditure.
- Provide support and mentoring to HS&T team members on technical / challenging topics.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 5+ years in a generalist safety field.
- Certificate IV in Health, Safety and Training or another relevant qualification - Essential
- Relevant tertiary qualification - highly regarded
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training - Preferred.
- Workplace Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator - Preferred
- Current light vehicle driver's licence - Essential.
- RIIRIS301 Apply Risk Management Process
- RIIWHS301 Safety and Health Investigations
- RIICOM301 Communicate Information
- RIIRIS402 Carry out the risk management process (G2)
- A great working environment
- 8 on, 6 off continuous roster
- Work in a business where there's room to grow and a team that will support your journey
- Commitment to ongoing development
- A diverse and supportive team where individuals are encouraged to grow.