angle-right Refer a friend angle-right
Mining Engineer - Meandu Apply Now angle-right
BUMA Australia is a growing mining services company with five solid mining contracts and around 1200 employees. We recently announced a five year extension with BMA and expect to announce further growth soon.
In December 2021 we finalised the purchase of the Open Cut Mining business of Downer on the East Coast. This acquisition included the transition of people, mining services contracts, assets, systems and intellectual property from a business which has successfully provided mining and civil services in diverse locations and across many commodities for over 100 years. Currently BUMA Australia successfully manages operations across four sites and we have plans to continue to expand and grow.
Everything we do is underpinned by our vision - to be a leading mining service provider contributing to future energy solutions - and is supported by our core values of safety, integrity, innovation, collaboration and people.
Our Meandu site is located 25 kilometres south-east of Kingaroy. We are currently seeking a Mining Engineer
to join our team. This is permanent role on an 8:6 roster with share accommodation provided.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent you will provide technical expertise of short and medium term mine planning services and support to front line supervisors.ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Undertake specific projects as defined by Technical Services Superintendent.
- Prepare and present schedules as required.
- Prepare and submit daily and weekly production reports and summaries.
- Ensure design process is followed for all designs.
- Ensure all production schedules are adhered to in order to meet client's production requirements.
- Ensure all equipment and frontline supervisors have up-to-date dig and dump plans.
- Review mine planning systems, methods and software and recommend cost effective improvements.
- Ensure all statutory requirements are fulfilled in the technical management of short term mine planning and reporting of the project.
- Ensure all technical work is in accordance with the Company's safety, quality, environmental and financial management policies.
- Achieve agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Prepare and maintain details of the accessible mining stocks.
- Manage, in accordance with company procedures, commercial aspects of projects including monitoring of costs and revenue and performance of sub-contractors.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mining or Civil Engineering.
- Dragline or Drill & Blast knowledge will be advantageous.
- At least 2 years post graduate experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant state legislation.
- High standard of written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced level of computer literacy and the ability to analyse data.
- Demonstrated ability in the following: Decision making; Organisational skills; Technical skills.
- Ability to develop strong, long-term relationships with clients with the aim of securing repeat business.
- Experience with software such as Vulcan, Spry, 3D Dig or similar.
- Permanent site-based opportunity in the South Burnett
- Share accommodation provided
- Competitive remuneration
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- A diverse and supportive work environment
- Numerous employee benefits and lifestyle options
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted via email. To apply please select 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia