angle-right Refer a friend angle-right
Commercial/Contract Manager Apply Now angle-right
- Provide expert commercial advise to a key Federal Government program
- Take advantage of high-profile clients in Defence and Federal Government
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and lifestyle benefits
Civil Maritime Capability Program currently comprises two acquisition projects; the Maritime Surveillance project and the Maritime Response project. The Civil Maritime Capability Program will deliver capabilities to enable the Australian Border Force to detect, deter and respond to threats across Australia's civil maritime domain.
As the new Commercial/Contract Manager
, you will support the engagement through provision of work across project services, commercial and finance, ILS and engineering servicesWhat does a Commercial/Contract Manager do?
The role has a broad remit, with key responsibilities outlined below:
What you bring:
- Develop project documentation, artefacts, and governance arrangements for the Program to meet capability planning and development requirements - including support seeking investment approvals
- Ensure alignment to strategic policies and broader national civil maritime security efforts, including integration with Defence
- Engage with a broad portfolio of stakeholders including broader Government, industry and international partners in the analysis and development of Capability Definition Documentation with detailed requirements traceability
- Develop a suite of procurement documentation to permit engagement with industry, also high-fidelity cost information and investment proposal for Government
- Conceptualise an acquisition and sustainment approach for project work packages within the program
- Design and manage risk reduction activities to permit requirements and validation, and the potential exploitation of technology addressing emerging capability issues
You are an experienced Commercial professional with relevant tertiary qualifications in Legal and a background in contracts/procurement for Defence or Federal Government.
You have experience in the Defence CASG procurement environment - ASDEFCON
Your approach is consultative, and you bring an ability to influence senior stakeholders in high-profile Government programs.
To be successful, you must:
- Have, or be eligible to, obtain and hold an NV1 - Baseline clearance will be considered
- Currently hold an active ESC - Home Affairs clearance
Candidates must be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance, and ideally already hold a clearance at the NV1
level. For this reason, applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.About Downer Professional Services
Downer Professional Services (DPS) is the latest evolution of the trusted nation and capability building services offered by Downer Group and Downer Defence. We're a multi-disciplinary advisory and delivery partner of choice for our clients in Defence, Government and Infrastructure. Our people provide critical support and advice to the Australian Government, Defence and National Security agencies across specialist program management, ICT, security, systems engineering, asset management engineering, strategic planning and assurance services.
Together, we solve complex things that matter. Our commitment to providing equal employment opportunities
Downer Professional Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.