is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan. Please note:
This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations . This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the positions shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.
This in-person position is performed onsite at Freeport-McMoRan's corporate office in Phoenix, Arizona. In accordance with Freeport-McMoRan's requirement for all employees who are working or attending a meeting onsite at the corporate office, if you are hired you will be required to submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to entry, unless the company has granted a medical or religious accommodation.
Responsibilities include the monthly closing of general ledgers, including the preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation. Perform monthly consolidation of the assigned business segments.
- Perform monthly close and reconciliation of general ledgers
- Consolidate financial results for multiple business units
- Coordinate accounting and financial activities and projects across multiple business units
- Assist in preparing management reports and adhoc requests
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
This position requires air travel. In accordance with Freeport-McMoRan's requirement for all employees whose job requires travel by air, if you are hired you will be required to submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel by air, unless the company has granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or closely related discipline and five (5) years of experience in Accounting, Financial Analysis or closely related area, OR
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or closely related discipline and three (3) years experience as an Accountant for a public accounting firm
- Experience in trial balance review/reconciliation, overall account reconciliation and consolidations
- Experience in technical accounting research, preparing financial statements and related disclosures
- Strong knowledge of Financial Accounting Standards (FAS)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to analyze and interpret root causes of financial results, variances, and financial trends
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Financial systems experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Must be able to work independently, strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work with general office equipment such as computer and keyboard, facsimile machine, photocopier and calculator
- Ability to manage and lead major projects and coordinate activities outside the work team
- Capable of making good decisions that will enforce the company policies; which are in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in a busy, non-smoking office located in downtown Phoenix, AZ
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by an elevator
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safey-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityJob Segment: