is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under general supervision, provides technical advice and guidance for all phases of assigned engineering projects and programs, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
- Reviews, investigates and develops appropriate recommendations regarding assigned engineering project.
- Serves as Project Manager or technical advisor, on small-to-medium site construction, expansion or modification projects.
- Evaluates and administers contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Collaborates in site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering areas.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of Appropriation Request (AR) for capital funding.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Works on complex issues and implements solutions mostly through the determination of strategy and delegation to others in a group or functional area.
- Often collaborates with managers and/or functional or site leaders and has some interaction with external colleagues.
- Works under moderate supervision and has some latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may impact department or individual work group
- Has no budgetary responsibility
- Manages a specific program or project, and may supervise people
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline and three (3) years related experience in engineering, OR
- Master's degree in appropriate Engineering discipline and two (2) years related experience in engineering.
- Ability to evaluate and implement new methods and techniques for operational improvement
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Experience in hard rock mining
- Ability to read and understand engineering blueprints and draw reasonable conclusions
- Knowledge of software such as Power Bi, Excel
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to thirty (30) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State law
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Safford Job Segment:
Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Testing, Construction, Engineer, Engineering, Technology