is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
A hands-on learning experience for individuals who are currently enrolled in an Associate's degree program or in the first or second year of a two (2) or four (4) year program (of any type) from an accredited college or university. The length of the program typically runs from mid-May to mid-August. This is to help develop selected candidates into highly skilled and professional trade employees. Successful candidates are responsible for hands-on learning and performing maintenance/welding/operations activities with minimal to moderate supervision, or supports journeymen in their maintenance activities.
- Perform basic mechanical/welding maintenance activities
- Perform safe operation of maintenance mobile equipment such as forklifts, stinger trucks and overhead and mobile cranes
- Perform work area and equipment safety inspections
- Attend required classroom training sessions as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
- Enrolled in Associate's degree program or in a first or second year of a four year program of any type.
- Enrolled in or in a first or second year structured mechanical/welding apprenticeship program
- Enrolled in or in a first or second year certified mechanical/welding training institute; OR
- Enrolled in or in a first or second year of a Joint Technical Education District (JTED) program
- Basic mechanical/welding maintenance principles
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous maintenance/welding experience in an industrial setting
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hart hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Safford Job Segment: