is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under general supervision provides technical knowledge and guidance to assist with maintenance of automation systems. Provide assistance in installation, diagnostics, and repair of industrial automation systems and equipment.
- Interface between staff engineers, external technical representatives, operations, and maintenance personnel.
- Assists in installation, diagnostics, and maintenance of industrial automation equipment (i.e. instrumentation, industrial communications, DCS, HMI, PLC, PC interface, and third party equipment).
- Actively participates in safety and environmental programs and other programs determined by management.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Two (2) years experience relevant to electrical and/or instrumentation repair and maintenance in an industrial setting.
- Familiar with programmable logic controller hardware and software
- Familiar with industrial communication protocols ie. Modbus, Devicenet, Ethernet/IP, Controlnet
- Proficient with industrial instrumentation using analog control signals, 4-20mA
- Basic computer skills
- 3+ years as a journeyman electrician
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Safford Job Segment:
Instrumentation, Technician, Electrical, Electrician, Engineer, Engineering, Technology