is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Highly skilled mechanic who safely perform diagnostic, maintenance, installation, and repair of equipment and processes in the Milling plant which includes mills, conveyors, screens and like systems.
- Perform component diagnostic, replacement and repairs on, but not limited to: crushers, overlaying conveyor systems, ball mills, auto mills, screen decks, lube systems, compressors, filter drums, hydraulic filter presses, foundry pumps and lubrication systems
- Perform mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance: Identify potential failures/noises/wear on agitators, rotors, belts, pulleys, and gear boxes
- Prioritize and make decisions regarding equipment repair as needed
- Performs welding (Stick, Tig)
- Train and mentor other employees
- May operate equipment such as: forklifts, overhead cranes, pneumatic air tools, and small mobile equipment
- Act as a Fill-in Supervisor as needed
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Two (2) years ofexperience in Mill mechanical/maintenance or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Ability read and use schematics and blue prints
- Time management skills
- Must have completed academic and competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees), and have experience demonstrating required mechanical aptitude. Selected candidate shall demonstrate ability to apply knowledge and technical skills while also passing a written assessment. This exam is based on technical skills/abilities and/or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the work day
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Tucson Job Segment:
Mechanic, Electrical, Hydraulics, Operations, Engineering