Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
Do you put safety first?
Do you work well in a team and as an individual?
Do you love learning new skills and putting in a hard day's work?
We are looking to add safety-minded mechanics to our dedicated team and will provide the training necessary to work safely in the mining environment!
• Performs mechanical repairs, installations, inspections and preventative maintenance of machinery and equipment to provide continuous operation of vehicles and production equipment.
• Operates mining equipment and machinery as well as shop equipment.
• Learn and follow safety rules, report hazards, and take responsibility for your actions.
• Demonstrate excellent listening and strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Strive to make safety the foundation to everything you do and offer suggestions for improvement when you see them.
Training & Experience
• Entry level, some experience preferred but not required.
• Ability to learn and perform mechanical repairs, installations, inspections and preventative maintenance.
• Must comply with state and federal health and safety regulations along with Company policies and procedures.
• Able to drive a motor vehicle, and must possess a valid driver's license with at least one-year of driving experience.
• Able to read, write, and possess basic math and science skills to complete daily reporting requirements.
• Reliable, consistent work history.
• Although an entry level position, will hire experienced Mechanics.
- You will work a 12-hour shift, rotating between days and nights.
- This full-time position is located at the Cripple Creek & Victor mine site in Colorado.
- The Cripple Creek & Victor (CC&V) Mine site is located at elevations ranging from approximately 9,400 ft. to 10,600 ft. above sea level. Workers in this position are routinely exposed to conditions at various work sites throughout this range of elevations.
- Weather conditions can and do change frequently, and can become severe at times.
- Ability to complete work tasks while exposed to weather conditions / elevation.
This position has multiple levels (which may range from level 1 up to level 5).The hourly rate offered for this overtime-eligible role will depend on the level, and the range of the hourly rate is $ 28.38- 42.33 . The hourly rate is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The specific level and hourly rate that is offered to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The hourly rate offer will not be based on a candidate's wage rate history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about wage rate history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont's sole discretion.
Consistent with Newmont's values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont's workforce and the communities in which we work and live.With the wide availability of vaccines in the United States, if you are offered this position, you will have to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to being hired. This requirement will be subject to an exemption process, as required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion. Nearest Major Market: