Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our open-pit mine and concentrator in Voisey’s Bay - Vale’s only fly-in/fly-out operation in Canada - produces nickel-cobalt-copper concentrate and copper concentrate. An underground expansion will see a transition to a leading edge underground mine by the end of 2020 extending the life of the mine until 2034. Our state-of the-art facility in Long Harbour is the first nickel processing plant in the world to use hydrometallurgy technology to produce Plating RoundsTM from hard rock (sulphide) concentrate, with low carbon footprint compared to traditional smelter technology. Our offices in St. John’s and Goose Bay provide support to the Newfoundland and Labrador Operations.Difference Makes All the Difference!
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.Vale is seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry. Female and female-identifying applicants are encouraged to apply.The Opportunity
Does working in an exciting, innovative facility sound appealing to you?
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor (Chemical Cleaning)
to join our team in the Maintenance Department in Long Harbour, NL.
This is a full-time permanent position.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of technical resources as well as industrial cleaning, chemical cleaning operators, and coordination of industrial waste management, in compliance with Vale standards and world class best practices. Interfacing with Maintenance and Operations personnel, this position is a critical component to ensure plant efficiency is optimized without impact to safety, the environment, or the community.
In this position, you will:
- Execute all approved maintenance work orders in accordance with maintenance procedures with respect to work methods, resource requirements, materials, and established scheduling deadlines and ensure that all executed work packages are in accordance with established safety policies and procedures;\t
- Utilize established Work Management systems to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of work and the system to continuously improve work procedures;\t
- Assign work in compliance with daily and weekly schedules and deviate for urgent work only as prescribed within the framework of established maintenance policies and procedures;\t
- Work closely with Area Maintenance Planners to ensure that work methods detailed in planned work packages maximize safety and efficiency while minimizing cost;\t
- Directly supervise and assign work to maintenance, industrial cleaning, and chemical cleaning technicians and ensure that all work is carried out effectively and efficiently, on time, and on budget and in compliance with all safety policies and procedures and that all work is of the highest quality;\t
- Manage emergency and breakdown situations independently, drawing on external resources as required;\t
- Ensure that all maintenance documentation is maintained and that all changes in documentation are reflected in the CMMS through liaison with Area Maintenance Planners;\t
- Provide, as required, Shutdown supervision in areas as required by the Maintenance Superintendent;\t
- Collaborate with Maintenance Engineering, Technical Services, and Operations on capital and maintenance projects to perform all such work efficiently with minimal disruption to production operations;\t
- Ensure that all work is completed through established Management of Change policies and procedures;
\tWhat We Offer
- Red Seal Interprovincial Journeyperson, Technician or Technologist Certification; Post-secondary education within a related field will also be considered;\t
- 5+ years’ experience with hands-on technical maintenance work and/or supervision in a complex industrial environment preferred;\t
- Experience working with industrial cleaning services and waste management an asset;\t
- Experience with SAP an asset;\t
- Demonstrated experience coordinating maintenance work planning activities an asset;\t
- Excellent organization, communication (written and oral), as well as interpersonal skills;\t
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;\t
- Able to build and maintain strong positive relationships across multiple work groups;
- Competitive salary.\t
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances).\t
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, sick, top up for maternity/parental).\t
- Employee Family Assistance Program.\t
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion and career growth.\t
- Opportunities to grow your career in a large global company, and mining industry leader.\t
- Online training and career development opportunities.\t
- Bus Service departing from St. John’s to Long Harbour site daily.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application online at https://vale.eightfold.ai/careers .Deadline to Apply
Sunday, July 3rd, 2022.