NOTICE OF OPPORTUNITY: FRONTLINE SUPERVISORS (TEMPORARY STAFF)
The frontline Supervisor is one of the most integral roles in our operation. Supervisors are key leaders responsible for achieving production and quality targets with a focus on ensuring the safety and health of workers.
The Ontario operations is seeking out employees who are passionate, energetic, and looking to take the next step into a leadership role within our company as Frontline Supervisors in Ontario’s Production and Maintenance Departments. If you are interested in leading work at any of the underground mines or surface plants listed below, read on!
- Smelter Complex (2 Openings)
Do you value and respect differences? Do you support your team members by offering guidance and coaching to make them successful? Do you encourage learning from mistakes? Do you make decisions by putting safety and life before assets and other outcomes? If you answered yes to some of these questions, you are a leader, and we want you to be part of our leadership team!Education & Experience
\tRequirements & Accountabilities
- 5 or more years of mining and/or surface operation experience and/or previous leadership experience.\t
- Grade 12 level education or GED equivalency is preferred. We will provide you the training via our Supervisor Training Program (STP).
\tDifference Makes All the Difference
- Follow Vale’s safety policies, programs, and legislative standards\t
- The role may require shift work (rotating days and nights)\t
- Written and oral communication skills\t
- Demonstrate Vale’s Key Behaviors
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or any other personal consideration that makes us different.How to apply
Application opens June 22 nd - July 22 nd , 2022. Visit Vale’s career site to apply