Vale is a global mining company headquartered in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. We are leaders in the production of iron ore and one of the largest global producers of nickel. In Canada, Vale employs approximately 6,000 people in our corporate office in Toronto and at sites in Manitoba, Ontario, and Newfoundland and Labrador, where we produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver.
Through their hard work, innovation and forward thinking, it is our employees, and a wholesome orebody of course, that ensures a forward-thinking future for Vale in Canada – a future we want you to be a part of. The Opportunity
We are currently seeking Maintenance Technician(s) – Electrician
to join our team in Voisey’s Bay, NL
. These are full-time permanent positions.These positions are based at the Voisey’s Bay mine site in Labrador, a fly-in fly-out operation and are on a two week on, two week off rotation.
Reporting to the Underground Electrical Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician – Electrician
will be responsible for installing, repairing, troubleshooting, adjusting, overhauling, servicing and maintaining equipment within surface and underground electrical installations, power distribution, mobile equipment, preventative maintenance programs and process equipment systems.
In this position, you will:
- Participate and advocate in a Zero Harm safety culture and all Health, Safety, Environment and Security programs within Vale;\t
- Install, replace and repair electrical control and distribution equipment such as equipment starters, switches, relays, circuit breaker panels, lighting;\t
- Perform checks and maintenance according to preventive maintenance plans on equipment including generators, mills, crushers, pumps, conveyors, PLC’s, diesel motors, and other equipment;\t
- Complete breakdown, corrective and minor reports;\t
- Inspect, examine and test parts to recommend the extent and nature of the work to be done;\t
- Test, adjust and calibrate repaired systems for accurate performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer’s specifications and the functional needs of the operation;\t
- Adjust, calibrate, repair or replace defective parts and components of the equipment systems;\t
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment;\t
- Conduct final inspections to ensure that work detailed on work order has been completed to meet safety standards;\t
- Provide feedback improvement suggestions to the supervisor and planner and implement those that are within your ability;\t
- Improve equipment availability and efficiency through quality maintenance and failure analysis.
\tDifference Makes All the Difference
- Industrial and/or Construction Electrician or 3-year engineering technology diploma;\t
- Red seal certification in Industrial and/or Construction Electrician required; \t
- Preference may be candidates with above qualifications and including an Industrial/Construction electrician red seal certification or registered apprenticeship;\t
- Minimum of 5 years’ Journeyperson experience;\t
- Previous mining or heavy industrial experience is required;\t
- Minimum of 5 years’ underground experience an asset; \t
- Previous experience with high voltage, underground conveyors, dewatering systems and communication systems would be an asset;\t
- Demonstrate an excellent attendance record and proven safety performance;\t
- Display strong troubleshooting capabilities; \t
- Familiarity with Variable Frequency Drives, high voltage equipment, mobile mining equipment and the ability to read and understand electrical drawings;\t
- Knowledge of the repair and maintenance of fixed plant equipment;\t
- Innovation and ability to use initiative;\t
- Flexibility regarding work activities and type of work requirements;\t
- The ability to work in a multi-discipline, multi-tasking, team environment.
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application online at www.valejobs.ca or by forwarding their application to their Vale Aboriginal Employment Coordinator.Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, May 19th, 2021