Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is a global-scale Australian gold producer with Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star's gold mines are all world-class, low-cost, high-grade gold mines, which together have produced over 20 million ounces to date. This large inventory means a further 10 years of mine life visibility ensuring Northern Star has a long future based on its Tier-1 operations of Kalgoorlie, Jundee and Pogo. Since acquiring these operations, Northern Star has been able to significantly extend the mine life and grow the resource base of all of our mines by investing heavily in near-mine and in-mine exploration.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Pogo operation for an experienced and motivated Mill Operator on a 2 week on, 2 week off schedule.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses,
- Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D insurance and other benefits such as 401k and paid leave
Reporting to the Mill Supervisor, the Mill Operator assists in the operation all sections of the processing plant which include, grinding, gravity separation, flotation, leaching/CIP, elution, tailings filtration, paste backfill, mine water treatment and reagent mixing in accordance with specified parameters, to optimise gold production/recovery. This also includes basic maintenance of operational equipment within the Processing Department.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in grinding, gravity, flotation, Leach/CIP, tailings filtration, paste backfill, mine water treatment, and/or reagent mixing.
- Experience and a high level of understanding and proficiency in 3 to 6 of the following circuits: SAG/BM Grinding, Knelson/ILR Gravity, Gold/Sulphide Flotation, Leach/CIP/Zadra Strip, Tailings Filtration/Paste Backfill, Mine Water Treatment, and/or Reagent Mixing/Handling
- Effective written, verbal, and communication skills
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid Driver's license is required. MSHA certificate preferred.
- Ability to work unsupervised and display good problem-solving skills.
- Must pass a post offer physical and drug test, as well as a background check.
WORK SCHEDULE & ENVIRONMENT
Working a 2 week on, 2 week off rotating schedule of days and nights, up to 12 hours a day or more at a remote campsite. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, internet & cable tv programs. Cell service is available when using Wi-Fi. The Company provides a bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.
JOINING NORTHERN STAR'S TEAM
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence. Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Delta and Tok regions will be given first consideration. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.