Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with four Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness
Due to expansion of the team, Northern Star (Pogo) LLC has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Projects Engineer at our world-class Pogo operation in Alaska on a rotational camp schedule.What do we offer?
What's the role?
- Vibrant hub of activity on site, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances, 401k and paid leave.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
The Project Engineer reports to the Projects Superintendent, and the primary role is to provide engineering advice and support with site wide improvement projects within the Pogo Mine Site.
What are we looking for?
- Provide project management on projects through all phases including feasibility, design, planning, permitting, procurement, execution, commissioning and optimization.
- Manage contractors and contractor performance for infrastructure projects
- Provides engineering advice and support to management and peers
- Assist with identification of project resourcing requirements, budgeting, and scheduling for the purpose of capital allocations within annual budgets
- Perform routine compliance auditing related to internal and external engineering standards
- Regularly liaise with site personnel and assist operations.
- Ensure all safety related activities are undertaken in accordance with Company policy and MSHA requirements including Hazard ID's, pre-start checks, pre-start meetings, and incident reporting.
- You'll be a highly technical individual who will display behavior consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Process or Metallurgy from a recognised tertiary institution, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years' relevant experience in engineering design, planning, procurement, construction, commissioning and optimization.
- Computer literacy - Microsoft Office Suite.
- High standard of communication skills
- Awareness of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA).
- Awareness of the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Act & Regulations.
- Be able to pass a background check and post offer physical.
Working 12 hours a day or more at a remote campsite on a negotiable work schedule. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, great Wi-Fi & cable TV. Cell service is available through Wi-Fi. The Company provides a bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognize the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/ Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately. Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Delta and Tok regions will be given first consideration. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.