Requisition ID:77535Job Category:
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Civil Designer with experience in Roads & Grading to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Civil Site Development team in Houston, TX.As the successful candidate, you will:
You bring to the role:
- Be able to drive design phases and implement design standards on industrial and linear infrastructure projects of high complexity.
- Providing specialty and technical guidance and mentoring to other technician/design staff to provide innovation while maintaining standards and procedure
- Review and prepare models and drawings and work together with Engineers to develop design detail drawings and quantities and various supporting documents
- Support business development and delivery of studies and detailed design necessary for project execution
- Also assist with advanced CAD and BIM technology development
- Technical degree/diploma or equivalent in related field
- Good experience with 2D and 3D model development, completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, annotating and drafting
- Excellent user of Civil3D software.
- Experience with OpenRoads will be an advantage.
- Coordinate on submittals for clients, governmental agencies, permitting agencies, etc. for reviews, approvals, and other milestones
- Experience with quality control (QA/QC) of models and drawings for standards compliance, discipline coordination
- Performs complex design tasks on projects with understanding of multidisciplinary environment by collaborating with team members from other disciplines for necessary inputs
- Knowledge of software programs including Autodesk and Bentley products including but not limited to Autocad, Civil 3D, Infraworks, Microstation, Inroads, Openroads and ProjectWise
- Extensive experience in the related field
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
[[req_postHashtag]] Nearest Major Market:
Houston Job Segment:
QC, Drafting, Geology, AutoCAD, CAD, Quality, Engineering