Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager with extensive site - based experience in the Mining & Minerals Industry. Job Objective:
Key Accountabilit Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Identify and communicate the objectives for the project team in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and corporate policy.
- Communicate these objectives to the project team, Departmental Managers, and Client.
- Organise the project team in consultation with Departmental Managers and agree the assignment of all key personnel.
- Motivate the project team towards the determined objectives, by generating enthusiasm for the project, and by maintaining continued personal interest in achieving set targets.
- Achieve scheduled performance, cost, quality, health, safety and environmental requirements of the project from contract award to Client's acceptance.
- Ensure that designated systems are adopted by the project team as soon as possible, after contract award.
- Negotiate all contract changes with the Client.
- Act as primary contact and maintain satisfactory relations with the Client.
- Ensure that the requirements of secrecy agreements are strictly observed.
- For Project Directors and Senior Project Managers only, deputise when requested for the Manager Operations.
- Be familiar with the current application of computer systems of the business and endeavour to optimise their use and development within the project/department budget, both to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information.
- To ensure that the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policy is implemented and understood by all supervised staff.
- Where a Project Executive is assigned to a project, the Project Director / Manager shall report to the Project Executive. This is in no way reduces the single point responsibility of the Project Director / Manager for the successful execution of the project.
- Lead and support assigned proposals. This includes developing in conjunction with proposals the execution strategy.
- Present execution plans at proposal review stage. U
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Project Management, or
- 8-10 Years experience on projects in a leadership role
- Experience to execute a mega project
- Experience in remote African locations desirable.
- General engineering knowledge
- Clear understanding of the requirements of the project management body of knowledge
- Experience gained from execution of projects in the Mining sector and understanding key drivers for delivery of successful project execution
- Ability to establish, implement and maintain project and contract programmes.
- Thorough understanding of engineering management processes gained through on site experience
- Experience and knowledge in commercial terms and conditions and the basic Law of Contracts
- Ability to establish and implement Quality Management processes in compliance with the company
- established systems and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Thorough understanding of Risk Management processes
- Multi-disciplinary experience of all aspects relating to the area under your control
- Experience of all aspects of multi-discipline projects
- Decision making skills
- Analytical / problem solving skills
- High level of numeracy / cost forecasting skills / financial understanding skills
- Interpersonal negotiating and relationship skills.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Excellent communication skills. and Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.