Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Studies Document Controller for our Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
- To provide document control and co-ordination support to studies and projects in the management of all project technical documentation throughout the project, ensuring a complete 'project record' of all documentation is captured and maintained up to date, and to ensure appropriate handover and archiving of all documentation at the end of the project. Provide organisation support meetings and preparation of documentation and other project-related administrative tasks as required by Project Manager.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the Health, Safety and Environmental policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
Skills / Qualifications Qualification:
- Provide general administrative support service for the project.
- Ensure all project correspondence and other co-ordination documents (e.g. minutes, presentations) are captured on SharePoint and distributed as required to the Project Team
- Maintain hard-copy files of any original documentation as required, aligned with the electronic filing of documentation on SharePoint
- Maintain the standard document control processes and tools at the project level, implementing a Project Document Management Plan, aligned with the overall requirements of the Document Management Function.
- Ensure all project personnel are appropriately trained in the document control processes and the project document management system and have appropriate permissions and access rights.
- Maintain and accurately update information in the electronic document management system, ensuring that all documentation, drawings, and specifications are up to date, at correct revision and with completed metadata, such that a complete 'project record' is held throughout each stage of the project.
- Control all project documentation produced internally and externally, from the planned stage through review, approval, issue, distribution to handover and archiving.
- Provide oversight of the transmittal process for issue of documents; distribute documents and comments according to the Project distribution matrix.
- Provide detailed reports on document status to project management and expedite document development or reviews/approvals as required.
- Ensure document management requirements are clearly defined to suppliers and contractors, with clear reporting on status as required.
- Monitor workflows and all document control processes, undertake document audits and ensure any non-conformance is identified and addressed.
- Ensure all documents and drawings are issued to Wood plc at final revision as necessary at project close-out.
- Ensure handover of information (e.g. to Operations) and archiving of project documentation as appropriate at project stage close-out.
- Perform any 'adhoc' administration/document control duties as required by the Project Manager and or Lead Document Controller.
- Submittal of a document control & administrative report on a monthly basis or as required by the Assigned Project Manager(s) and Senior Document Controller.
- Provide weekly reports on Document statuses.
- Effectively organize and prioritise tasks in a manner that adequately allocates and divides time between various aspects of the work to ensure that sufficient support is given to the Project Manager.
- Aptly and timeously handle all incoming (reading & screening) and outgoing correspondence pertaining to the documentation of the projects.
- Provide direct output support to the Project Manager by compiling, assimilate, prepare all documents pertaining to the project and submit to Project Manager for processing.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Relevant Administrator and Document Controller qualification
- Formal business administration or project management qualification or relevant experience preferred
- 5 years of working experience as a Project Document Controller in a Project environment
- Proven knowledge of Document Management
- Proven experience in administration of a Document Management system
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Adobe
- Proven proficiency in SharePoint
- Accurate typing and document proofreading
- Proven experience in team environments
- Systems background would be an advantage
- Convero experience would be an advantage
- Well organised and high attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Highly motivated
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.